Monday, November 7, 2011

A Weekend in the District...Finally

For my first full weekend in the District, of course I would have things going on.

My friend Caitlin (who I went to visit the previous weekend in Boston) was in town for her niece's birthday. Since I've known her and her family for over 20 years, I made the trip up to Maryland. My drive through Chevy Chase made me realize I want to life there when I grow up...and have $1 million for a house...and what not. I also want to say I live in Chevy Chase because I also love Chevy Chase. Get it?

I also celebrated Founder's Day with the DC and Northern Virginia Alumnae chapter for my sorority. It was nice to take part in some of the ceremony that we do all over the country this time of year. In addition, we also celebrate sisters that have been inducted into the Golden Circle. That means that they have been a sister for 50 years. Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

Leaving the weekend to not much else over errand running and sleep, it was a nice little weekend. This upcoming weekend should be a doozie since I have four days off...Thank you Veterans and a flex schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment