Saturday, August 27, 2011

Come On, Irene!

There was a earthquake, and now we're bracing for some hurricane-like weather. I didn't have huge plans this weekend, but with this weather, I was thinking of all the things I could do if it weren't raining cats and dogs.

Granted, my plans just initially included checking out the Martin Luther King, Jr. monument and memorial, shopping, and cleaning. Now, I'm just cleaning and maybe some more online shopping. OK, so it's more like cleaned the floors and bathroom, debating on vacuuming, about to gag from the need to dust, and put away loads of laundry...oh, and iron.

The forecasts are for rain, wind, and potential flooding which means that on the eighth floor, I just need to worry about the wind.

I've hunkered down with my grocery delivery from Peapod, pitchers of water (at my mother's behest), and books to read by candlelight.

Stay safe and stay dry if you're in the path of this bitch Irene. I wonder if she got her name from the Irene from Real World: Seattle that had Lyme Disease and was slapped as she moved out. Hmmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment