Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Countdowns Have Started

I have started a final countdown...perhaps to my own detriment, but I need to start getting things together.
I have set aside some things that I'll need to ship to my new place and packed one of my giant suitcases with most of my clothes, but I'm still not as organized as I should be. Part of me rationalizes that I'll have plenty of time before March 25 to pack everything up. Then the social side of me breaks in and reminds me that in the mean time, I have brunches, dinners, games, nights out, and work that will interfere with the actual number of hours available to me in the mean time.

In actual time, I have 17 days. In real time, I have 10 work days and 14 days in Denver with my trip to Texas for a couple of days next week.

Denver To Do List:
  • Turn in DVR (waiting until the last second, obviously.)
  • Replace windshield in car (gotta leave Bruce with a fresh face, but postponing because we're not out of snow and greavel truck season yet.)
  • Box and prepare to ship housewares/linens and shoes (I'm truly creeped at the thought of "renting" linens.)
  • Finish packing my clothes (How am I to pack what I need to wear? And I'm having an internal struggle about how much dirty laundry I'm willing to take.)
  • Pack up my office (My pictures, magnets, and iPod speakers...clearly I'm not heisting my pens and this really can be done in 5 minutes, but it's still something to get done.)
  • Sign up for Comcast since they won't make appointments more than one week in advance.
  • Clarify Verizon internet order because they were Johnny-On-The-Spot with my order and shipped everything 3 weeks in advance.
  • Manage my to-do lists here, on paper, on my phone and in my head.
Oy. I need a vacation.

4 comments:

  1. You have quite the do-to list but you can do it! Stay strong! At least you have a list to work from. I suck at packing. I actually really dislike it. Unpacking equally sucks for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I can't imagine trying to figure out what to pack and what not to take. Agreed on linen rental - no way!

    I know it's pretty far in advance, but I am going to be in D.C. in May and would l.o.v.e. to have a real life meeting! Obvs we can be in touch closer to, but just wanted to throw it out into the cyber universe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so thought about a move to DC recently. Lease is up in October and that is where I am thinking to move (if I do so!) I may be coming to you for tips :)

    I use Hertz Connect - just like Zip Car! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bad at packing! Your lists look really good though. Well thought for sure. I love making lists and checking off the items on it. haha So glad I found your blog! The background is really pretty. I am your newest follower! ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete