Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kickball Opening Day

As part of my friend-network-expansion, I joined a WAKA kickball team through a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. (Three degrees, if you will.) Our team? The Declawed Kittens. 

Opening Day was this past Thursday and it was as if Mother Nature knew. It was sunny and 70-ish here. While all of my friends were complaining about it snowing that day in Denver, I was enjoying the sun that I have been so desperately missing.

Thankfully, I was at the bottom of the roster and only went to bat once. And was immediately out. Everyone who knows me knows that I am better at making jokes, cheering, and nicknaming than hand-eye coordination. 

I didn't think to take any pictures of the team or the game, but we have about 15-ish people that were rotating in and out of the game. We didn't win, but we never claimed to be champs.

Here's to a fun season!


1 comment:

  1. Oh you are really DC-ing it up with playing on a kickball team!

    ReplyDelete