Aside from the family, dog, friends that I could spout out about missing, (special shout out to Harry who's the most popular dog because he's pictured on my credit card), I do miss some things:
- Mexican food. Seriously, Chipotle isn’t going to cut it for long. Not to mention, they don’t have the brown rice out here yet.
- Sunshine. The sun really does shine in Colorado a whole lot more than anywhere else.
- Weekend planning. This whole threat of a government shutdown really messes with my ability to go to other monuments and memorials that I haven’t hit up yet. There’s so much of this town that’s tied to government funding that it really cramps my style.
- Having the news at 10pm. Really, asking me to stay up until 11pm for the local news is really asking too much.
- Bootcamp at 5:30am. I know, that sounds like torture, but you’re done with a kick ass workout by 6:30am and you have the rest of the day to do whatever.
- Casual Friday. So, the definition of casual Friday in Denver is jeans. Those comfy pants that transition easily into happy hour and beyond…here, I have “Khaki Friday”…that’s khakis, a polo and sweater to work…which is lame compared to jeans.
- Sushi. You would think that being so close to water and an abundance of fresh fish that I would be literally swimming with delicious sushi. Not so. Every time that I’ve had fish here – sashimi, nigiri, tuna steak, canned tuna even – it smells and tastes like fish. If you’ve ever had good fish, it should taste like butta and melt in your mouth. Seriously, where’s the damn fish? This bitty is about to get pissed.
- Free grocery bags. I get that you’re saving the environment, but can’t we have a “first one free” program? I have bathroom trash cans that need liners. That would be great, thanks.